Wednesday 5 November 2008

Sticking and Gluing

Today, Kaydence and I did sticking and gluing. We made this cool box. The coolness of the box was overshadowed somewhat when I let her play with the big scissors. Kick-ass box soon forgotten.



Things I've learned about childcare from my sister #1

It is perfectly acceptable for a three-year-old, when not sticking or gluing, to watch up to eight hours of television a day, provided it's the Disney Channel*. If my sister even gets a hint that Kaydence is about to watch, say, Buffy the Vampire Slayer with me, all hell breaks loose (appropriately enough). Say what you want, Ces, but when the Hellmouth apocalypse rears its heavily-prosthetic-ed head, do you want a daughter whose able to assist the team and provide pithy quips, or whose only contribution is to suggest that we get out the Mouseket-tools?
Think on, Ceri. Think on.


*The only thing, the only thing worth watching that Kaydence is allowed to watch is a programme called My Friend Rabbit. The theme song is lovely and the animation (actual art work, not 3D primary-coloured nastiness) is gorgeous. Rock on Rabbit, and your quirky duckling friends.

No comments: