Saturday 1 November 2008

Something nice.

Living here in Maidenhead has its ups and downs, thats for sure. One of the worst things is having to find a job, because theres buggering nothing to do. At the moment I'm temping at a software company. In the process of procuring this job I had to ask my friend Lucy for a reference. Here is the reference she wrote.

I met Bethan at university five years ago and we have been good friends ever since. I feel that I can personally vouch for her honesty and integrity, as well as her infectious personality and excellent sense of humour. She has been a strong and consistent figure in my life for the past five years and I am glad to call her my friend.

Due to the practical nature of our degree course, I worked with Bethan on a number of projects including creating broadcast packages and making a magazine. She could always be relied on to be creative, productive and was always supportive of other people in any group work we did. She was also a very active member of the student community, often contributing to activities such as the student radio and newspaper, and continues to be very popular among fellow graduates of our course.

I would unreservedly recommend Bethan Hopkins for employment, and, were I recruiting for a position under my current role, would have no reservations about hiring her.

Well I was suitably touched by this, and it did indeed secure me my job, where, amongst other activities, I devote a certain amount of time to reading this, which I really enjoy. Its a little silly, with some campy costumes and a comfortingly familiar storyline, but the artwork is fantastic.


No comments: