Friday 24 April 2009

This is what I missed.

A tragi-comedy rendered in facebook.

Graham Moore thinks you wouldn't believe him if he said he went to a gig and experienced the lead singer singing along to his slideshow of 'A Complete History of Communism vol. 5', drawn in crayon. And then giving out his mobile numer to see who in the crowd would call first! :) 22 hours ago

Bethan Hopkins at 12:20am April 23
dude, who did you see?

Bethan Hopkins gutted, gutted, gutted. Some sort of time machine? Me not forgetting about the Jeffrey Lewis gig? That would be nice. 41 minutes ago

Graham Moore at 10:40pm April 24
Very sorry to hear, twas a gooood gig last night...

Bethan Hopkins Are you serious? I'm so jealous I could die
3 minutes ago

Graham Moore at 1:02am April 23
Jeffrey Lewis, at Scala, Kings Cross, goooood times. Supported by some guys I've never heard of; Johnny Flynn and the Sussex Wit". _Very_ pleasantly surprised by those guys....

This makes no sense, but its the order that it all was revealed to me, despite its noted timings. Its two separate conversations that ultimatly add up to form something that could be expressed thus;

Beth - I missed a good gig.

Graham - Yeah? I didn't. I was there, and Jeffrey Lewis sang along to his slideshow of 'A Complete History of Communism vol. 5', drawn in crayon.

Beth - Rubbish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also note that I have been spelling the word 'goooood' incorrectly. I was under the impression that 2 "o's" were all that were required.
People who type like that should not be allowed to go to awesome gigs that I forget to go to. Factus.

No comments: